- Be considerate of others’ experience.
Heated competition, profanity, and off-color humor are welcome here. Mean-spirited comments (whether to opponents or teammates), excessive negativity, and a general disregard for others’ experience are not. PURE BATTLEFIELD is a community, and if you are making it an unwelcoming place for others, we’d rather not have you around.
- No bigoted language.
Although we are usually concerned with the intent behind language rather than the use of any particular words, we make an exception for language which is primarily associated with hate speech towards a particular demographic. Regardless of intent, the cultural associations with these words makes their usage unconducive to a friendly environment. Some words result in an automatic kick from our servers; details here.
- Do not consciously hinder your team.
Examples of this include, but are not limited to, intentional teamkilling (for example, by crashing a vehicle with passengers), excessive “fooling around”, or refusing to operate a vehicle from the driver’s seat. This is not about player skill; all skill levels are welcome as long as a player is making an honest effort to contribute to their team.
- No cheating.
We have a number of anti-hacking and anti-cheating measures in place, including a large team of admins ready to quickly investigate suspected cheaters. That said, we take care to minimize false positives, and have an appeals process in place for those banned.
- Do not exploit major bugs.
We wish to provide a simple playing environment with minimal rules, but a few bugs are so disruptive that we will ban their use on our server. Bugs that currently fall into this category include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Traveling through, or remaining in the vicinity of, major map glitches (see-through walls, walk-through walls, missing textures, being outside of map boundaries, etc.)
- “Bulletproof” glitches
- Launching vehicles to access areas of a map that are inaccessible by any other means
Our ARMA III EPOCH server has 2 specific rules to ensure an enjoyable gameplay experience for all.
No combat logging
Do not use vehicles as aerial bombs
Everything else is fair game. While many game servers impose additional rules in an attempt to improve gameplay, such as “no attacking the enemy base” or “no mortars”, we feel these rules are usually attempting to solve “problems” which can already be solved by players within the rules of the game. We believe that using standard gameplay rules, objectively enforced by the game software, is most conducive to a fair competitive gameplay experience.
PURE’s rules apply to actions taken:
- In any PURE community spaces (including game servers, TeamSpeak, our subreddit, our Twitch channel, etc.),
- Outside of PURE, in conjunction with the use of PURE community spaces (e.g. using PURE’s TeamSpeak to talk with players on a non-PURE game server)
- Anytime while wearing a PURE tag (including on non-PURE servers)
In the spirit of transparency, we maintain a public log of significant enforcement actions taken against players for rule violations. The intent is not to shame, but to make ourselves accountable to the community for fair enforcement practices.